Why Use Approved Coal Merchants?
When looking to purchase solid fuel it is essential you only order from Approved Coal Merchants.
An approved coal merchant must adhere to the Coal Trade Code established in 1962. The code outlines a set of standards based upon eight key principles which ensure a basis for consumers of honesty and fair trading.
The 8 key principles are as followed:
- Supply good quality Coal and Smokeless Fuel correctly described
- Ensure that packed fuel is marked with the maximum information
- Ensure staff have knowledge of the Retail Coal Trade
- Supply suitable fuels for particular appliances
- Investigate all consumer complaints promptly
- Display a detailed and up-to-date price list
- Trade in a manner compatible with the good repute of the Retail Coal Trade
- Make customers aware of the danger of carbon monoxide poisoning from burning fossil fuels and how they can obtain information to protect themselves
As an approved coal merchant, we are always working in consumers best interests. We only sell fuels which we like to use on our own appliances and refuse to stock products that are not up to our high standards.
We hear horror stories of poor quality fuels with low heat and high ash which we wouldn’t want anywhere near our open fire or stove. These fuels not only require more time spent cleaning after a fire, but also result in larger costs for consumers. We opened one of our well known competitors products recently to find it full of coal shards and fragments. These smaller pieces burnout extremely quickly requiring restocking more often.
With lower heat output and shorter burning rates, a greater amount of fuel is required in order to warm your home. More frequent restocking and purchases increase yearly heating costs and the pence paid per kilo watt hour (kWh.)
Our premium quality HouseFuel products all have low ash and offer fantastic heat output to warm your home on those cold winter nights. Purchase in confidence from an Approved Coal Merchant with all our products and advice in consumers best interests.
If you have any questions or queries then please get in touch and we would be delighted to hear from you.