Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Sale
In these conditions of sale:
- The company means HouseFuel Limited. Registered address: HouseFuel Ltd, Unit C, Harworth Business Park, Blyth Road, Harworth, DN11 8DB, Company No. 9271847, VAT No. 651611950
- Correspondence address: HouseFuel Ltd, Unit C, Harworth Business Park, Blyth Road, Harworth, DN11 8DB
- The customer means any person contracting with the company for the supply of products or services.
- Delivery means delivery by the company or any subcontractor employed by the company directly or indirectly.
These conditions may only be modified by a variation in writing signed on behalf of the company by a Director.
Submission of a purchase order will be taken as agreement to these terms and conditions.
2 Supply of Products
Products are sold under the express understanding that:
- Contracts for the supply of goods or services to retail or domestic customers are governed by The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and supplied in compliance with, The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCICAR). Any customers contacting in the course of their business are excluded from consumer protection legislation and are contacting with the company on a business to business basis.
- The customer is made fully aware that we cannot guarantee that the appearance and/or colours of products shown on this site exactly reproduce the appearance and/or colours of the physical products themselves.
- The company requires any complaint to be made in writing by the customer within a reasonable time after collection or delivery. If the customer is dissatisfied with the product then it must be returned to the company within 14 working days after the complaint has be logged. A refund will then be made for the original purchase price. Return charges may apply.
- All prices quoted by the company for the sale of coal include the cost of delivery unless otherwise stated.
- Customers are required to pay by credit card/debit card at the time of ordering.
- All coal (however delivered) shall be at the customers risk from the time of collection (if so collected) or from the time of delivery.
- Traditional coal and Burnwell Blend are not for use in smoke controlled areas. The customer is made fully aware that it is their responsibility to know if they are in a smoke controlled area. The company accepts no responsibility for customers burning non smokeless fuels inside smoke control areas.
- The company will make every effort to deliver coal on the agreed date, but if for any reason the company is unable to deliver then no liability whether in damages or otherwise for delay of whole or any part of the goods ordered arising from any cause will be accepted. We are not responsible for delays outside our control.
- Delivery by the company shall be conditional upon access free from encumbrances and good roads being available to the company’s vehicles to the place of delivery.
- The company will not accept any liability for damages to property caused during delivery.
- Any additional charges incurred during delivery (i.e. parking charges, etc) will be at the liability of the customer.
- Delivery vehicles use tail lift offloading, and it must be emphasised that the delivery vehicle must be able to park in the area where the delivery is to be made. A pallet truck is then used to maneuver the goods off the tail lift to the kerbside delivery point. The customer, or somebody appointed by the customer, should be at the delivery point to accept the delivery. The delivery drivers are only contracted to deliver the goods kerbside. The goods will be palletised and shrink wrapped.
*The kerbside delivery point must be flat and hard standing. We cannot deliver to hills, slopes, inclines or gravel. If you have any concerns over the delivery you must contact the company by 2pm the day before scheduled delivery.
- Whilst every effort will be made to carry out any delivery instructions passed on, this is not always possible. Any instructions left for delivery are at the discretion of driver and do not waive the standard kerbside terms and conditions.
- Deliveries requested AM are to be delivered before 13:00 and PM deliveries after 12:00. Failure to meet these times will result in a refund for the extra cost paid for AM or PM. The actual time of delivery must be written on the delivery note and signed for. If drop requested without signature no refund can be applied.
- Any shortfall in the quantity delivered, or damages to the product, must be written on the delivery note at the time of delivery. When signing for the goods you are agreeing they have been received in full and in good order. We cannot offer any refunds or replacements without this. It is at your own risk if you are not at the property to receive and check the goods.
- If any of the product arrives damaged, we ask that the customer emails photographs in as soon as possible after the delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: If we are required to make a re-delivery due to withheld information regarding access to the customers address, the customer will incur another charge for re-delivery. If the third party hauler company arrives at the location and deems it unsafe or impossible to complete the delivery due to withheld information, the customer will receive a refund minus the delivery charge.
4 Cancellation/Returns Policy
- The customer has the right to cancel any product or services under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCICAR). Any cancellation must be made within 14 days from the date of the order being placed.
- Cancellation needs to be done in a clear statement from the customer, setting out the decision to cancel the contract. We recommend doing this writing to one of the following:
a. Electronic Mail to email@example.com
b. Letter to HouseFuel Ltd, Unit C, Harworth Business Park, Blyth Road, Harworth, DN11 8DB Letters will be have been deemed to be received two working days following the postmark date.
- Customers are required to return the goods, at their own expense, to HouseFuel Ltd, Unit C, Harworth Business Park, Blyth Road, Harworth, DN11 8DB without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the cancellation. If the customer is unable to return their goods, HouseFuel in this scenario will collect said goods costing the customers up to £65. The customer will receive their refund following section 4D, net of the cost of delivery.
- Refunds will not be processed until the product has been received by the warehouse. Upon return we will authorize the refund within 24 hours and depending on your bank, it could then take up to 5 business days to be back in your account.
5 Order amendments
Any order amendments must be made before goods are dispatched, dispatch may be up to two working days prior to delivery. A unique amendment reference will be returned with your amendment confirmation email, this will be needed in any further correspondence or dispute. We are unable to amend orders after dispatch.
6 Working Days
Working days are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday and Sunday are not working days.
These conditions and any contract or variation are governed by the law of England. Any disputes arising from these conditions or any contract or variation entered into by the company with the customer which cannot be settled in the ordinary course of business shall be referred to a single arbitrator in accordance with the arbitration act 1950 or any modification thereof for the time being in force.
This policy does not affect your statutory rights
- The customer will at all times be responsible for the security and insurance of their equipment.
- The customer will comply with all requirements of Health & Safety Legislation
- Delivery will be made on a kerb side delivery basis and will be the customer’s responsibility to move the coal from the place of delivery to the place of storage.
- The company accepts no responsibility for injury or damage caused to persons or equipment whilst on company premises.